Rent Technics SL1200 MK2
Technics SL 1200 MK2 features and specs:
SL-1200 mk2 features include:
- Magnetic (no wear), direct drive (low slip) mechanism.
- High torque (1.5 kgf·cm or 0.15 N·m), which means the platter spins at the desired speed almost immediately (0.7 seconds to reach 33 ¹⁄₃ RPM from standstill), and rapidly reacquires the desired speed, without “overshooting”, if the platter is dragged or nudged. This aids beatmatching.
- Low wow and flutter (0.01%), implying that the platter stays within 1/100 of 1% of the desired speed.
- Heavy base (2.5 kg), and increased isolation of platter from base, reduced the likelihood of feedback or stylus jumping.
- Variable pitch control, allowing the rotational speed to be adjusted from -8% to +8% (for the purpose of beatmatching).
- High reliability: many examples of SL-1200s lasting well over 15 years of heavy use and withstanding physical shock without functional impairment.
- Weight: 11 kg (net, unboxed without lid)
- Voltage: 220 V / 110 V (selectable)
- Pitch Control: +/- 8%
- Starting Time (MK2): 0.7s
- Rotation Speeds: 33-1/3 & 45 rpm